Friday, October 22, 2010

Sorry I'm Late....



I was waiting for my flight in the Atlanta airport, and I walked into a book store to kill some time. I noticed a copy of Dirk Hayhurst's book: The Bullpen Gospels. I picked it up and began leafing through it. I was 5 pages in when I ponied up some cash and bought it. I read, and read, and read.

I literally did not put the book down until a surly customs agent informed me that I was next. I sped home and continued reading.

I can not say this clearly enough: THIS IS A GREAT BOOK. GREAT! if you haven't already, go buy a copy. Support this guy. Read this book any way you can get your hands on it.

If you have ever played an organized sport: you will be able to relate to the stories he tells about the dressing room.

If you have ever questioned yourself, your career, or your family: you will appreciate the candid way that he admits to his self doubt. You will feel his pain when he talks about his family. You will feel his joy when he succeeds.

Dirk tells the stories in a relateable manner. This was a fun read, and for that matter, a book that warrants several read throughs. I am certain that this is a book that will stand the test of time.

I hope it gets made into a movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment